The Islamic Food Bank Of Toledo
The Islamic Food Bank of Toledo and its Mobile Food Bank are operated under the umbrella of the Foundation of the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo, Inc. (both a registered Ohio Non Profit Corporation and a registered 501(c)(3) tax exempt charitable organization as per Internal Revenue Code). The Foundation of the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo, Inc., works to solicit, support, and manage long-term contributions and funds for the perpetual trust of the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo, Inc., and for other religious, charitable, and educational purposes qualifying it as a tax exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. For your reference, our Federal Tax Identification Number is 31-1549667.
The Islamic Food Bank of Toledo and its Mobile Food Bank initiative engage in the following food distribution program initiatives in Toledo and Northwest Ohio:
- Seagate Food Bank Food Baskets: Each basket contains enough food for a family of four for one week. Distributions are done via the Seagate Food Bank in Toledo, Ohio. During Eid Al-Adha and around the holidays, meat and turkeys are also distributed to those in need.
- Weekender Food Bag: Through local public school systems, at risk elementary school students receive two meals and a heavy snack during the school week, but have limited access to food through the weekends. The purpose of this program is to bridge the weekend dietary gap. Distributed weekly on Fridays through the term of the program, each bag contains enough to feed each recipient throughout the weekend.
- Chase Academy K-8 Heavy Snack Program: Provides heavy snacks to at risk children at Chase Academy in the Old North End.
- Masjid Al-Islam Ramadan Meal Program: Funding is provided to assist our partners at Masjid Al-Islam on Bancroft Street with their annual Ramadan Meal Program. This program serves approximately 130 people daily during the month of Ramadan with a full hot meal and beverage.
- The Mobile Food Bank prepares hot meals at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo on a Saturday (once per month) and distributes meals to those in need in Toledo and the surrounding area. Our first service delivery took place on October 14, 2017.
- Miscellaneous or emergency requests as needed.
Altogether, 10,000 meals or more are distributed on an annual basis through our programs.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!
In the future we are planning to establish a food services program at ISNWO that will help support good health and nutrition, as well as catering for community at large as well as and those in need.
If you are a business interested in being a food vendor, would like to help coordinate initiatives to get food to those in need, or would like to help establish a food program at our community center, please contact us using the volunteer form or contact us form.